The International Childcare Trust's Financial Sector Pub Quiz 2004
was held on 24th March at Eaton's Bar, 33 Broadgate Circle, in the
City of London. This year's quiz was sponsored by Loyd &
Thank you so much to all of those of who participated!
We have still not counted all the change that we collected, but we already know that with the help of all of you,
and our sponsor, Loyd
& Townsend-Rose, and individuals who could not make it (who sent donations to show their support) we far surpassed our £3000 target and have raised in excess of £3600!
ICT would like to thank our 2004 Raffle and Quiz Prize Sponsors:
Pub Quiz Winners:
- Osia Restaurant, dinner for 4 to the value of £200
- Great Eastern Hotel, dinner for 4 to the value of £200
- Bombay Palace, dinner for 4 to the value of £200
- Walt Disney Theatrical Company, 2 tickets to the Lion King
- King’s Head Theatre, 2 tickets to any show
- Curzon Soho, 3 sets of tickets for 2 (M-Th)
- Screen on the Green, 2 tickets to any show
- Soho Spice, dinner for 2 with free bottle of house wine
- Tamarind Restaurant, lunch for 2
- Robertson Wine Merchants, magnum of vintage claret
- Abbey National Charitable Trust, bottle of champagne
- Cannons, 2 weeks' membership and 25 free day passes
- Holmes Place, 10 day passes (to be given in sets of 2)
- The Harbour Club, day pass for 2
- Islington Tennis Centre, 2 hours of free tennis court time, (plus one 1 week pass for all participants)
- International Childcare Trust, Fortnum & Mason Goodie Bag
- United Distillers and Vinters, 2 fleeces and lots of cotton T-shirts
- Arsenal Football Club, signed football shirt and pennant
We would like to give a special thanks to Lorie Church, our wonderful pub quiz master. And also to all team captains who rallied the troops (as it were)
and special thanks to Bertie Huet and Ian Fergus. Special thanks to Maurice Allen at White & Case too for encouraging W & C to support the quiz each year (thanks to John Worhall for the implementation)!
Also, special thanks to ICT's volunteers Sadhavi Sharma, Rachel Kennedy, Emma
Greenaway, Paras Ghelani and Catherine Barnes!
At the end of the day, this was a fundraising event and without the support of Andrew Loyd from
Loyd & Townsend Rose, who sponsored the event, and Neil Walker, from Merrill Lynch, who sends a generous annual donation, the event would not have been as successful! So it was definitely a huge group effort and you all were part of it. Thank you all for making the event a great success!